Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sunday, December 2, 2007 - 5:10pm
Clinton Would Give Citizenship to Illegals
Hillary Clinton was booed yesterday at a forum in Iowa after responding to a question about immigration. She was asked if she would "give undocumented immigrants a path to citizenship" in her first 100 days as President. Here is her startling response.
"I have been favoring a plan for citizenship for years. I voted for it in the Senate. I have spoken out about it around Iowa and the country and in my campaign and as president, comprehensive immigration reform will be a high priority for me."
The crowd booed mightily at Senator Clinton's response. That answer alone could doom her bid for the presidency. Giving citizenship to illegal aliens is among the worst things a president can do. A path to citizenship would only encourage more illegals to cross the border into the United States. It would also further cripple our education and health care systems.

What Hillary and the other Democrats fail to realize is how important this issue is to Americans. The American people do not want Amnesty for illegals. Unfortunately, the candidates are so concerned with upsetting Hispanic voters that they refuse to take a stand against the illegal immigrants.

Senator Clinton's lead in the polls is beginning to erode. Obama is now ahead in Iowa and Hillary's double-digit lead in New Hampshire is deteriorating. If the mainstream media takes this story and runs with it, her position as frontrunner will forever disappear.

1 comment:

Brown Eyed Girl said...

This proves to me that Hilary Clinton you would most definitly be the worst president for this country. What kind of American is totally ok with illegal immigrants? It even sounds un-American."I have been favoring a plan for citizenship for years. I voted for it in the Senate. I have spoken out about it around Iowa and the country and in my campaign and as president, comprehensive immigration reform will be a high priority for me." If she is crazy enough to make this statement she definitly should not be our next preisdent.